With its national headquarters at Northern Illinois University, the Association for Black Culture Centers is the only national organization whose primary focuses are African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, Multiculture centers, and related offices. We look forward to hearing from you again for another year of mutual support. Our objective always is for your Center to flourish. Joining the ABCC as an institution, professional or student offers you numerous benefits and opportunities.
- Access to ABCC formal accreditation process
- ABCC independent speakers bureau
- Book, DVD and promotional ad discounts
- 30 percent discount on ads in Diverse for culture Centers only; 15 percent discount for other departments on campus
- 30 percent discount on books through Third World Press
- 50 percent discount on selected titles at California Newsreel
- Conference registration discounts
- Pre-conference professional development institutes
- Conference student leadership development
- Publication in ABCC newsletter distributed to all ABCC members and affiliates
- Access to lists of active African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, Multiculture Centers, and related offices
- Conference networking opportunities with directors, faculty, staff and students
- New networking possibilities with major mainstream student activity organizations: American College Personnel Association (ACPA), National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE) and Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- New networking possibilities with national academic and professional development organizations: African Heritage Studies Association (AHSA), American Association of Blacks in Higher Education (AABHE), Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH), John D. O'Bryant National Think Tank (JDOTT) and National Council for Black Studies (NCBS)
- Free job postings on the ABCC website
- Publication possibilities in ABCC newsletters and series of books on Centers
The ABCC is the only organization in the country with a year-round program to support your Center in the ways cited above, and we also have experts who can come to your campuses for nominal fees to provide consultation based on long years of directing these centers.
Become a member today! Download a membership invoice.