Bringing the best programs to your campus will soon be easier and faster for ABCC members. For several years now, one of the most important benefits afforded member institutions of ABCC has been the Kuumba Programming Series – our own non-profit service listing many of the world's best speakers, performers (including student performing groups from member campuses) and artists.
How it Works
- An ABCC institutional membership is required to book a speaker. If you're not a member, click here to become one.
- Every one of the persons or groups on our roster has agreed to offer a substantial discount to our members.
- The ABCC collects no funds for providing the service – saving member centers even more money than going through a for-profit speakers' bureau.
- If your center or campus has a choir, theatre group, spoken-word ensemble, dance group or other performing group, they can be listed as well.
- Your center can program your entire year of events from one source, because of the number, variety and high quality of speakers and performers available.
Now, the ABCC is making this service even more convenient and easier to use. The online version of the Kuumba Series will allow you to browse the many speakers and performers (including many new and exciting additions such as dancer Gesel Mason, poet Marc Marcel and others), contact them directly (no expensive middle-man), and plan your program quickly and easily.